1.8 C
Munich
Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Meghan’s royal wedding claim refuted: ‘Complete lie’

Must read


Claims by Meghan that Palace aides told her she should not invite her niece to her royal wedding were dismissed as “complete lies”.

She told Netflix viewers that Ashleigh Hale — the daughter of her half-sister Samantha Markle — was like a “little sister” to her.

But she claimed Kensington Palace’s press office told her Ms Hale should not be among the guests.

Stay up to date with the latest news on the British Royals with Flash. 25+ news channels in 1 place. New to Flash? Try 1 month free. Offer available for a limited time only >

However sources said yesterday that her press team was desperate for Meghan to have more family and friends at the wedding.

One said: “It’s a complete lie. Meghan said she didn’t want her exposed to the media.”

Samantha had been hugely critical of Meghan in the run-up to the nuptials.

And in the Netflix show, Meghan claims that led to problems with the Palace press office over the issue of inviting Ashleigh.

She said: “They just couldn’t wrap their head around it and I have compassion for it.

“How do we explain that this half-sister isn’t invited to the wedding, but that the half-sister’s daughter is?”

“And so, with Ashleigh, the guidance at the time was to not have her come to our wedding.

“I called her and I had her on speakerphone and we talked her through what guidance we were being given and why this assessment was made and … that’s painful.”

Harry and Meghan’s new statement

Meghan and Harry have insisted Megxit was “never about privacy”, their spokesperson is now claiming.

This is despite just hours after the 2020 announcement, Harry telling a charity an event in London the pair wanted “a quieter life”.

While Meghan told Oprah in their bombshell 2021 interview she believes “everyone has a basic right to privacy. Basic.”

She added: “We’re not talking about anything that anybody else wouldn’t expect”.

But in a screeching U-turn, the couple’s spokesperson Ashley Hansen lashed out at the tabloid press accusing them of making up the “narrative”.

In a seething statement, she told the New York Times: “Their statement announcing their decision to step back mentions nothing of privacy and reiterates their desire to continue their roles and public duties.”

“Any suggestion otherwise speaks to a key point of this series.”

Questions over the pair’s desire for more privacy have soared with the release of their $150 million Netflix docuseries.

Addressing issues of privacy, Ms Hansen hammered: “They are choosing to share their story, on their terms.

“And yet the tabloid media has created an entirely untrue narrative that permeates press coverage and public opinion.

“The facts are right in front of them.”

-Tom Hussey, The Sun

This story originally appeared on The Sun and is republished here with permission.

Originally published as Meghan’s claims about royal wedding dismissed as ‘complete lies’



Source link

- Advertisement -

More articles

Leave a Reply

- Advertisement -

Latest article

%d bloggers like this: