Gaza border officials have said that the main border crossing and crossing will reopen on Thursday and be dismantled so that more stranded foreigners can get out and return to their homes. As many as 7,500 foreigners who hold passports are expected to leave Gaza in about two weeks, a senior diplomatic source said.
More foreign nationals did so on Thursday as they were fully prepared to leave the besieged Gaza Strip, and for the same reason that the enclave’s Hamas-led government said the Jabaliya refugees were non-residents at least in Israel’s fierce attack on the camp. Unfortunately, at least 195 Palestinians died. And then there were the UN human rights officials who said that these could also be heinous war crimes. And most importantly, at least 320 foreign nationals from an initial list of 500, as well as dozens of seriously wounded Gazans, are estimated to have flown into Egypt on Wednesday, according to an agreement between Israel, Egypt and Hamas.
Some of the passport holders who were deported directly were people from Australia, Austria, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Jordan, United Kingdom and United States. Due to this, a little more loss of life was saved.
More importantly, Israel bombarded Gaza by land, sea and air in a three-pronged campaign to wipe out the Islamist group on October 7, following a deadly cross-border attack directly into southern Israel, pressing the offensive against the brutal militants of Hamas. Israel has said that Hamas killed as many as 1,400 people, most of them civilians, and took as many as 200 hostages.
The Palestinian Red Crescent said a loud explosion was heard early Thursday around Al-Quds Hospital, a hospital in densely populated Gaza City, and that senior Israeli officials had already warned for an immediate and early evacuation of the hospital. They say that it is impossible to do this without endangering the patients and all this information that the UN officials were told.
TWO HAMAS COMMANDERS KILLED, SAYS ISRAEL –
Importantly, Israel told them that two key Hamas military leaders had been killed in Jabaliya, the largest and main refugee camp in the Gaza Strip, in Tuesday and Wednesday’s deadly attacks. Israel later said that the group had “terrorist infrastructure” in the command center and under other “civilian buildings, i.e. around and directly inside civilian buildings, and which were deliberately endangering Gazan civilians by terrorizing the population.
At least 195 Palestinians are believed to have been killed in two Israeli strikes on Jabalia, while 120 are still trapped and missing, according to a survey by Gaza’s Hamas-run state media office sometime on Thursday. At least 777 more have been injured, it was learned in a meeting.
This is a very important piece of information: “Given the massive damage and civilian death toll and the level of destruction following the horrific Israeli airstrikes on the Jabalia refugee camp, we are deeply concerned that these disproportionate attacks may amount to a war crime and There will be, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights has written on social media.
Gaza’s health ministry says an estimated 8,796 Palestinians have died in the Gaza Strip since October 7, including 3,648 children.